Department 14 – Swine – Click here for entry form
Members: Brian Georges (Chair), Scot Gerber, Ed Schmid, Mike Hacker
OPEN CROSSBRED AND PUREBRED MARKET SWINE SHOW
Show Date: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 starting at 4:00pm
Show Order: Pre 4-H Showmanship, Open Market Show, and Adult showmanship (if time allows)
Entry Fees: $15.00 Open Market Show Classes (per head) / $1 Showmanship Classes (per exhibitor) / All non-Clinton County 4-H/FFA exhibitors must pay general admission or purchase a pass.
Entry Process: Entries will be taken the day of the show from 12:00pm to 2:00pm Exhibitor to declared weights with weight backs at the judge’s discretion
Market Show: Purebred Division – Classes will be divided on entries received. All purebred animals must show registration papers at time of entry to exhibit in purebred classes
Crossbred Division – Four weight divisions based on entries received
Showmanship Classes: 4 – 5 years of age, 6 – 8 years of age, Adults
All showmanship exhibitors will receive participation ribbons
1st place in each class $15.00 / 2nd place in each class $10.00
Grand Champion – $150.00
Reserve Grand Champion – $100.00
INFORMATION & RULES:
• Open show hogs may arrive between 12:00pm and 2:00pm
• Exhibitors should be prepared to show out of their trailers
• No pens are reserved by anyone for open show
• Out of state livestock must have health papers, all others will follow Ohio Department of Agriculture rules on health papers.
• Pens, aisles, and adjacent areas are to be cleaned daily or as needed.
• No straw is to be used for bedding. Wood shavings are the only acceptable bedding to be used. No exceptions.
• No automatic water tubes/fixtures are to be left in hog pens. Automatic watering devices will be removed if left unattended.
• Feeders may be used if attached by plastic ties only. No wire.
• All pens must be cleaned before leaving the fairgrounds or premiums will be withheld. Pens not cleaned will be charged a $50.00
cleaning fee to be paid by the exhibitor.
• Livestock waste and shavings are to be dumped in the manure pit, not outside of the pit.
• Once livestock is unloaded, all trucks and trailers are to be parked in designated area.
• Entries are released immediately after the show.
• Violations of any of the above rules will result in immediate forfeiture and/or premiums and awards as well as barred from future competitions. All non 4-H/FFA exhibits must be removed from the grounds after the show.
• Senior Fair Swine Committee decisions are final.
• Any announcement or changes made show day take precedence.